Staging Your Home to Sell in the Denver Market
Staging a home for sale is smart marketing when it’s time to move a home.
Staging the interior of a home is the same as curb appeal is to the exterior – furnishing and accessorizing, cleaning and polishing your home so it looks like a model home, is essential to a for a successful sale. With just the right special effects, the effort can transform a house into a dream home and help potential Buyers visualize the home’s potential.
Here are a few points to consider:
• Appeal. Start with curb appeal, including landscaping, doors, fixtures and anything that customers see upon approach to your front door. Curb appeal should exude an unforgettable first impression that prompts buyers to want your home.
• Enchant. The entry should generate some pop, excitement or drama. Create a focal point with an oversized mirror, dramatic piece of art, strategic lighting, fresh flowers or candles.
• Refresh. Update worn attributes. Sand and refinish hardwood floors. Clean or replace the carpet. Pressure wash stone flooring.
• Rearrange. New furniture layouts make for a new look, feel and flow to a room. A fireplace need not be the focus in the middle of summer. A point of view to the patio, backyard or pool area may be a better selling point.
• Upgrade. Stainless steel appliances are the rage because they add the industrial look of perceived value. Install a glass-front wine cooler for a bit of sex appeal.
• Accommodate. Give your baths that “Five-Star” look. Add thick, white, luxury hotel towels, extra hand towels at each sink and a container of hotel goodies.
• Impress. Treat your master bedroom like a luxury hotel suite features in the movies. Include thick white sheets and pillows. Use a thick white duvet and duvet cover, a beautiful tray with reading books, candles, and warm-colored walls. A ceiling-height plant adds perceived height. A gorgeous chair and reading light or sofa seating area bring in coziness. Remove the clutter, photographs, note pads, pens or pencils. Nothing you would not find in a luxury hotel suite.
• Reorganize. Remove clutter. Closets should look good and smell good, not musty or mildew. Rack or drawer your shoes and other accessories. Leave nothing on the floor. Add cedar blocks for scent and invest in matching wood hangers for every item of clothing to project a lifestyle of success.
• Entertain. Install a plasma TV tuned to an eye-catching, high-density disc of panoramic scenes. Add music from your tv receiver or cd. You want to present your home as modernized and updated.
• Accentuate. “Add” square footage with dramatic effects – mirrors in small areas, focused furniture positions, lighting, vistas, etc.
• Captivate. Purchase extra-long white sheer mesh draperies and install rods around your trellises or outdoor area for that billowy drapery feeling found in exclusive resort hotels. You’ll find a dynamic, fast way to provide the ‘major wow’ you need to sell your home faster and or the highest price.