The City of Englewood within the Denver Metropolitan area. Just south of Denver, Englewood is ideal for citizens, business people, and visitors. Englewood offers a small town atmosphere of community with all the benefits of a larger metropolitan area nearby.
Englewood is a home-rule City with a Council-Manager form of Government. The City was incorporated in 1903, and the City Charter was adopted by residents in 1958. The City Council is made up of seven members elected on a non-partisan basis. One representative is elected from each of the City’s four districts, and three members are elected at large. Council Members serve four-year terms. The Mayor and the Mayor Pro Tem are elected by the Council.
Englewood is a full-service City that prides itself on providing residents and businesses with quality services.
The majority of Englewood residents are served by Englewood Public Schools, with some areas of the city served by Cherry Creek, Littleton, and Sheridan public school districts. Englewood has two public high schools: Englewood High School and Colorado’s Finest Alternative High School; two middle schools: Englewood Middle School and Englewood Leadership Academy; and five elementary schools: Bishop, Cherrelyn, Clayton, Hay, and Maddox. Englewood is also served by the following private schools: All Souls Catholic School, St. Louis Catholic School, and Humanex Academy.
Englewood’s population according to the 2010 Census is 30,255. There are an estimated 15,478 residential housing units in Englewood.
- Englewood is home to 1,602 businesses within industrial, manufacturing, and service sectors
- Englewood has a full-time employment base of 24,800 jobs
- 11,360 jobs in the office and professional sector
- 4,600 jobs within retail sector
- 8,800 jobs in the industrial and commercial zoned land area
Climate Colorado’s climate is a principal asset to the high-quality lifestyle residents enjoy. Moderate temperatures, combined with low levels of humidity provide comfortable weather.
- Average High temperature: 65· F
- Average Low temperature: 36· F
- Over 256 days of sun on average per year
- Average rainfall: 15.5″ of precipitation per year
- Average snowfall: 59.5″